There are two things that wrinkles suggest. These are aging and skin damage. As you grow old, the collagen in the skin decreased affecting its structure. The elasticity of the skin is greatly affected. The result is the appearance of lines on any part of the face. When you have been harsh on your skin and not practicing precautionary skin measures, you’ll really be suffering from looking too old early. Aside from other skin imperfections, wrinkles would be prominent making you look advanced to your age. You don’t need expensive skin cosmetics and treatments to care for your skin and prevent wrinkles. By practicing these natural ways, you can promote better skin that’s young and healthy:
- The first goal towards beautiful skin is to keep it hydrated. Dry skin does look dull. You develop white flakes and scales which are totally unpleasant to look at. When your skin flakes, it’s often accompanied by itchiness. Most of all, wrinkles easily appear due to dry skin. The best way to hydrate skin is to drink lots of water. Be able to consume 2-3 liters of water a day. Moisturizers and hydrating lotions can help seal moisture in the skin.
- Diet plays a big role towards beautiful skin. By consuming foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals, you get lots of antioxidants that will fight aging. The deterioration of the skin is decreased delaying those wrinkles to form and appear. The more colors you have in your place, the more nutrients you get from what you’re eating.
- Protecting your skin from the sun is the best thing you can do to your skin. The sun can bring damage to your skin which will not only cause wrinkles but several skin problems like sunburn, rashes, sun spots, skin cancer, dullness and dryness. No one’s recommending you to shut yourself from the world and just stay inside your home. If you’re going out, apply sun screen to protect your skin. If you can cover your skin by wearing hats, sunglasses and the like, the better.
- There are several homemade recipes you can use to promote beautiful skin. By checking in your kitchen, you may find cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes and olive oil. These ingredients can be made into a mask and massaged into the face. These contain vitamins that can improve skin’s texture and reduce wrinkles. Massage is a good way to promote circulation in the face and relax facial muscles.
- Stop smoking. If you’re smoking, you’re not only shortening your life but also making yourself look 10-20 years older. The cigarette contains lots of toxins that can make you look old. You can see young ones with wrinkles due to smoking. If you stop now, you’re doing the best improvement in your health. You won’t only make yourself look younger but make your life longer.
- These are basic things to do in life if you want to be healthy but have great impact on the skin. You don’t need to spend thousands or millions of dollars to wrinkle treatments. By wisely managing them with proper skin care and skin damage prevention, you would be happy hearing others saying you look beautiful and younger than your age.
Those mentioned above have set several ways to look younger longer. Discover more ways you can practice so as to avoid wrinkles ruining your face.